The types of fragrant plants fall into two generic classifications: fresh and dried plants. It will not matter the kind of plant you choose to use, still retain their nutrients and properties that will help us achieve very personal benefits for the body.
Also, some herbs are used and have been used since ancient times to prepare specific herbal remedies.
We have prepared a list of herbs most common and their main features.
List of most common odorous plants
- Thyme: Thyme is a type of grass that reminds our rosemary. It is an ingredient that can be used in many different dishes, how can it be when making a stew, soup, or to flavor the meat.
It is often used as a flavoring for bottles of vinegar and oils to shape sauces or marinades to add flavor.
As for its medicinal properties, thyme can soothe coughs, being an excellent remedy to counteract infections in the airways. At the same time, it is also used in home remedies to stimulate circulation at the capillary level.
- Romero: Rosemary is one type of fragrant plants dry, although it is possible to cook with the fresh plant. In the same way that thyme, will be very well if combined with roasted meats, but also fits perfectly with the different types of fish.
If you have digestive problems, or liver disease, there are remedies made with rosemary that can be quite effective.
- Cilantro: The name herbs like this sure sound like, And it is a type of seed that plus you once you’ve found in salads or rice, but often only used as decoration. They are seeds that give a touch of lemon and slightly spicy food.
In some countries, it is the quintessential substitute parsley, as in India, China, Latin America, or Asia.
Also, if you look at the ingredients with the curry is made, we will discover that the cilantro is one that must be yes or yes.
- Oregano: Oregano is an aromatic plant, characteristic of the Mediterranean and Italian cuisine. In addition to a host of dishes, it adapts perfectly to pasta dishes.
However, its medicinal properties far exceed medicinally: it is that it has antimicrobial, antioxidant, it helps make digestion even claim that there are studies that may prevent certain types of tumors.
- Parsley: Parsley is an essential place in the list of aromatic plants. It is more typical of fish, but also will adapt perfectly to simple dishes.
One of its main features is that it provides a high number of vitamins to the body (A + B1 + B2 + C + D). It also has diuretic properties, so it will help us make even the heaviest digestions.
- Mint: The truth is that mint can be classified into several unique, the most popular of all peppermint. It is used to achieve certain exotic flavors; for example, it is well suited to the yogurt sauce, or until the chocolate (the chocolate mint flavor is exceptional).
As one of the many curiosities of this type of fragrant plants, the mint plant may be delayed until an oil used to make from aftershave, sweets, perfumes, even oral products.
- Laurel: The quintessential ingredient to flavor fish, soups and many sauces. Although the cooking sheet is added, it is usually removed before serving the dish.
- Basil: And we end with basil, an aromatic plant used mainly in Italian cuisine. It can be used dry, but the most common is new use to maximize its characteristic flavor.